How Shared Hosting Solutions Work
A shared hosting solution is connected with saving and/or sharing specific content on a hosting server administered by a shared hosting distributor. There are different classes of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's have a glance at these. Doing so, you can conclude what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to own a blog, email accounts, or to share files with comrades and acquaintances.
Unlimited websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
Unlimited websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a solution furnished by various file storage providers, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting plans are often supported by displaying ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a given amount of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud shared hosting". This is a completely distorted interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud shared hosting platform would share the load between individual groups of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different shared hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a type of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain providers offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share a huge number of pictures with comrades or colleagues since the service is commonly free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service committed to handling your emails. Some providers provide shared hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email solution. If you want to own a mail address with your domain but do not wish to keep a web site, then the e-mail shared hosting solution is what you want. You can open mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domain. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video generates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and a few hundred viewers, you may have a problem with your shared hosting reserves. Embedding the video will enable you to run as many videos as you want to without worrying about system supplies.
- Shared hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to run a site. To some degree, it consists of all of the aforesaid hosting groups since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and mail accounts, upload video files, etc. At Hostingam you can have a peek at shared shared hosting and dedicated server solutions that permit you to get all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the sort of shared hosting service that you've settled on - a free web hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a virtual private servers or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your shared hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the usual email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for specific web content only.